15 Aug Just do better
Recently I was making excuses for falling off my healthy eating wagon to my 20 year old son…”it’s been so busy”, “I was at a business thing…” blah blah….his response, compassionate but matter of fact: “Mom, Just do better”. I looked at him and responded “Ok”
What a simple goal. Simple response….Such simple guy logic. I like it. Don’t make excuses, just do it.
Just do better
What a great way to approach so many things:
- When someone hurts you and they apologize. Respond, “I forgive you, but just do better”.
- When you child makes a mistake
- When an adult makes a mistake
- If your work-out sucked
- Bad job review
- Bad dating experience
- Cooked a crappy meal
- Bad behavior
- Bad joke
- Bad drunk
- Caught gossiping
- Caught eating a co-workers lunch from break room fridge
- You ______ fill in the blank.